I could use some tips on picking plays.

Status

Default I could use some tips on picking plays.

Help me out with this. I'm pretty good on defense (sometimes) and I think my D would be better if I had a better idea of what formation to pick when that little message pops up in yellow letters on the bottom.
    Example "3WR 1RB 1TE"
    Could someone tell me what formations I should pick when those different numbers pop up?
    I don't know if i'm being descriptive enough.

Status
    RiotMaker
    Gamertag
    iTaLian B3ast
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Nickel 3-3-5 is yur best bet there
    Nickel is for 3 WRs
    Dime is for 4 WRs
    Dollar is for 5 WRs
    Quarter is used for obvious bombs

And the 3-4/ 4-3 is used for 2 WRs, aka yur base Defense.
    But jus cuz yu see 4 receivers don mean yu gotta use Dime
    The 3-3-5 and odd split are money

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

OFF-NYJ
    DEF-CHI

"DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS"

Status

Stay away from cover 4

Status

It took some time to adjust to the defense on madden 11 but now I am holding my opponents to about 15-20 points a game. I use the jets playbook and most of the time I will play out of the nickel. I find that you can stop the run with this and easily defend the pass. the 3-3-5 and odd split are by far the best packages in this formation. you can run a lot of exotic blitzes and disguise your coverage well with this. the 1-5-5 is also a tough defense to play against when its used occasionally. hope these defenses help you. you cant go wrong with them.

Status

You guys were a big help. kudos.

Status

Default I could use some help picking play

What should I pick when i see 2wr 2rb 1te i need help with picking plays on d that go with off!!!

Status
    365 Member

Quote Originally Posted by kTd2nV View Post
    Help me out with this. I'm pretty good on defense (sometimes) and I think my D would be better if I had a better idea of what formation to pick when that little message pops up in yellow letters on the bottom.
    Example "3WR 1RB 1TE"
    Could someone tell me what formations I should pick when those different numbers pop up?
    I don't know if i'm being descriptive enough.
    What about 2 wr 2 te 1rb?

Status
    PSN ID
    Atlienjd
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Heres the deal. Everyone is different. You have to pay attention to what your opponent is doing when you see the formations. Sometimes you absolutely know a draw or screen or toss is coming because that is all they do out of a particular formation. Or they always run on first down, etc. If my opponent has ran on first down the whole game and now its the 4th quarter, I dont care if I see 3wr, Im not getting in Nickel because I know they are running. Does this make sense?

Status
    Cincinnatti Bengals OB

Quote Originally Posted by Eastside513 View Post
    Nickel 3-3-5 is yur best bet there
    Nickel is for 3 WRs
    Dime is for 4 WRs
    Dollar is for 5 WRs
    Quarter is used for obvious bombs

And the 3-4/ 4-3 is used for 2 WRs, aka yur base Defense.
    But jus cuz yu see 4 receivers don mean yu gotta use Dime
    The 3-3-5 and odd split are money
    These are blueprints. Personally I am a preacher of the phrase "Play your opponents gameplan not their formation. when I see the box giving away their positions I use it but I rarely live by it. Iv caught so many players living by my formation too. Its so funny to go 4WRs see you your opponent come out in the dime and hit em with a draw. Sometimes I go 5 wide just so I can audible into a run up the middle, cause I know my opponent is formation peakin on me.

But like it was said before the nickel with 2 linebackers and an extra DB is a pretty good D to pick when you just dont know