Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Who should I control on defense

iGotBeast$wag13

Default Who should I control on defense

most of the time i control a Dlinemen because i dnt wanna phuck up wit a LB, or DB. But recently ive been userin da FS, or the MLB.

Quote Originally Posted by Aillah
    Cool, didnt think of using strafe for tackling purposes.

But do you need alot of practise to get user picks as FS, im guessing you need to jump alot of routes to get involved in the play?

Thanks raptor505
    You really have to be carefull about jumping routes. normall the FS is in a Deep blue zone cuz his job is to let NO ONE behind him, but if you do read that its a quick slant play and that no one else is going deep then jump it, but it might take awhile for you to learn that, just stick with it man and you will start to get good at it. when i face someone that controls the FS well it really makes you second guess on throwing in his area. like i said earlier i played crazyblack one time and he has good stick skills so attacking a deep post or anything toward him is riskie cuz he knows how to us his FS well. dont expect to get an INT every game with your FS though. your purpose is to take away the deep stuff and IMO it shuts down a lot of over the middle posts or crossing routes. I think if you make a pass heavy opponent go on like a 14 play drive that is soo much to your benifit cuz the more plays he is running then the more you will learn and the better chance you have of picking him off and then you will no what to expect the next drive. My favorite play to run to get picks for my FS is Cover3 in dollar, and put the 3 and 4 corners that are in flat zones into purple zones. it covers a lot of route and when people try to go deep you will pick them off. i like when people try to go deep on me cuz that gives me a lot of time to react and pick it off. just practice it and you will improve on D i can almost assure that

Quote Originally Posted by raptors505
    You really have to be carefull about jumping routes. normall the FS is in a Deep blue zone cuz his job is to let NO ONE behind him, but if you do read that its a quick slant play and that no one else is going deep then jump it, but it might take awhile for you to learn that, just stick with it man and you will start to get good at it. when i face someone that controls the FS well it really makes you second guess on throwing in his area. like i said earlier i played crazyblack one time and he has good stick skills so attacking a deep post or anything toward him is riskie cuz he knows how to us his FS well. dont expect to get an INT every game with your FS though. your purpose is to take away the deep stuff and IMO it shuts down a lot of over the middle posts or crossing routes. I think if you make a pass heavy opponent go on like a 14 play drive that is soo much to your benifit cuz the more plays he is running then the more you will learn and the better chance you have of picking him off and then you will no what to expect the next drive. My favorite play to run to get picks for my FS is Cover3 in dollar, and put the 3 and 4 corners that are in flat zones into purple zones. it covers a lot of route and when people try to go deep you will pick them off. i like when people try to go deep on me cuz that gives me a lot of time to react and pick it off. just practice it and you will improve on D i can almost assure that[/quote]

Thanks man. My only worry about FS now is not getting involved in the plays very much since you are the last man deep:)

but really you are involved in every play. you cant expect to be superman and do everything on the field. but shutting down a route will make the QB go to the second read or maybe you shut down the second read and he has to go to his thrid which will allow pressure to get there. the FS is a big part on D and is always involved. i probably avg 5+ tackles a game and maybe an int i think that is doing a solid job. you have to remember though stats dont show everything though. and its kind of hard to help you out without showing you but i will try to give some examples here. lets say your opponent runs the snugs play called bench. you have to WR doing corner posts and two WR doing 5 yard outs. if you read this play, then you can shade and double team one of the deep corner posts. you will get good believe me and you will be in EVERY play. i also play about 10 yards or less off the LOS before any snap undercenter so i can aid in the run D and i usually just wait to see if the RB is going to bust it outside cuz if he stays inside then a lot of the times my LBS or D-line will tackle him. you really have to be careful about PA though. when someone sees that you are controlling the FS they will test your defensive mind and your Stick skills and often attack you to see what you got. if you prove yourself disciplined and good on the Sticks then he will realize that he has a problem.

you also have to know what route looks like what. when you learn what the routes look like you can almost foresee the future and know where the receiver is going and that will allow you to jump routes and adjust where you will be patrolling the field

ya if they run sugs alot what i like to do is play the either the FS or SS on the open (big) side of the field and highlight the inside reciever on the oppisite side.. that tells ur corners to focus over there and you can manually cover the other side.. but be careful cause if your not good with your stick if you miss play the ball its 6!!!!

Ellard

if you're just learning, user your SS. dont start with a LB or FS.

#1 FS require the highest skill needed (I think because you'll be usering him to defend the pass) meaning you'll have to look at the QB and the receiver in your area constantly, and if you miss its almost sure to be a TD.

#2 LB's require you to be able to stop the immediate run, and if you miss with them all you have are scrawny 200 pound secondary players to stop AP for example.

Why user your SS? Because you have the option of usering the pass or the run. Most of the time with the run you'll have ur lb's to aid your run stop and if they miss you have a big hitter to make them submit to authority. Make sure you press L2/LT to square up the hit to make sure you have the best shot at taking him down.

i run the multiple defense and the only time i ever user another player on defense besides the FS is when i call the inside blitz from the 46 defense... in that case i user the LOLB who plays as the LILB or if your looking at the screen he's the LB in the middle on the right side.

it makes it real easy to get pressure especially when you have a fast LB at that spot like Thomas Davis from Carolina... but make sure if you run this play to line up your other players so they don't get beat to the sidelines by the running backs out of the backfield bcuz that will be the QB's safety net. if he decides to quick throw to a WR it hardly ever end up in a catch. sometimes press with the DB's and it'll end up being a pick if he gets smart and tries to quick slant.

i forgot to mention to smart blitz the LB on that play and line him up right behind the outside hip of the defensive tackle on his side and run straight up the line... instant pressure!

I just control line and LB too much damage when I cotrol safties