Status
    Administrator
    Gamertag
    modrewgnu
    PSN ID
    modrewgnu
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default 4-3 or 3-4 in Madden 13

Which defense are you liking better in Madden 13? I have liked 3 lineman defensive the last few madden games but this year I think 4 man d-lines are better at getting pressure. What are your thoughts so far: 4-3 or 3-4?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

UCLA Bruins Football 2014

Status
    Gamertag
    N9ne 16 N9ner
    Sports Logo

4-3 defenses have been easier the past two Maddens (now include this one too). Me...I'm going to run with whatever defense my team uses in real life...which is the 49ers so that means a 3-4. I labbed the 4-3 for 20 minutes and found like 10 easy sim blitzes only rushing 5. Labbed the 3-4 for 4 hours and counting (not consecutively) and still only have 1 consistent blitz that frees someone up EVERYTIME if it's 5 vs 5. So needless to say, 4-3 is WAYYYYYYY easier (3rd Madden in a row) and the 3-4 once again gets no love (proper 3-4 design). Still, I'll be running the 3-4 due to the loyalty I have for my team

Status
    Administrator
    Gamertag
    modrewgnu
    PSN ID
    modrewgnu

Quote Originally Posted by Football_Fan_#1 View Post
    4-3 defenses have been easier the past two Maddens (now include this one too). Me...I'm going to run with whatever defense my team uses in real life...which is the 49ers so that means a 3-4. I labbed the 4-3 for 20 minutes and found like 10 easy sim blitzes only rushing 5. Labbed the 3-4 for 4 hours and counting (not consecutively) and still only have 1 consistent blitz that frees someone up EVERYTIME if it's 5 vs 5. So needless to say, 4-3 is WAYYYYYYY easier (3rd Madden in a row) and the 3-4 once again gets no love (proper 3-4 design). Still, I'll be running the 3-4 due to the loyalty I have for my team
    I did the exact same thing and had similar results. Thanks for confirming that I am not just crazy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

UCLA Bruins Football 2014

Status
    Gamertag
    N9ne 16 N9ner
    Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Modrewgnu View Post
    I did the exact same thing and had similar results. Thanks for confirming that I am not just crazy
    Yea it sucks because this is the defense I want to use and it's so hard to get pressure like you can with the 4-3. I've tried to carry over some concepts from the 4-3 that got heat, but it doesn't transfer over at all to the 3-4. I remember last year there were a few blitz concepts that worked for both defenses. But I'm confident in myself that I'll get what I want, it's just a matter of when I'll figure it out.

Status
    SIM Style
    Gamertag
    EL D1ABL05

4-3 for sure. I started using it last year and at first I struggled with it, but now I can't imagine not using it. You can get such good heat out of it. And any 3-4 team you can easily turn into a 4-3 team which is nice.

Status

So far for me, the answer is still the 46.

Status
    Cincinnatti Bengals OB

If my D line keeps pissing me off and not getting sacks ima just go with 4 linebackers for help in coverage. Bengals stop the run but they cant rush the QB or fucking cover man to man

Status
    The Autumn Wind
    Gamertag
    BMK101

I'm a 3-4 guy being forced to use a 4-3 because that is what the Raiders run. Its been a tough transition but I'm starting to get the hang of it.

Status
    In Cam We Trust
    Gamertag
    SC CRUNK

4-3 over... all i need to say

Status
    "Boom! he's on his back"

I Love the 3-4! I dont use the 4-3 so I can't really comment on it. I play with the Chiefs so if my 3-4 blitzes aren't getting thru I'll come with the 2-4-5. I've noticed that the 3-4 is better at coverage sacks. I get most of my sacks from cover 4 zones, pinching the line and putting the DT into a QB spy. then late in the game I'm giving the same look but blitzing and that's when I clean up! They are still expecting the cover 4 but I'm now sending the OLB's instead of the buzz zones and they are no longer 3 wide with a RB, they are 4 or 5 wide. I guess it comes down to having patience and sticking with it.
    Last edited by Pealvin; 08-30-2012 at 02:50 PM.