Can't get pressure with the 3-4

Status

Default Can't get pressure with the 3-4

I run a 34 defense with the 49ers with Aldon Smith in at LE. I'm good at run and pass defense but i cant get any pressure at all mostly because i run 20 and 30 defense 75% of the time with some adjustments, but i wanna change that. I run multiple formations as well (Custom Playbook). Any help would be appreciated!

Status
    Madden Advisors
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by That Dude View Post
    I run a 34 defense with the 49ers with Aldon Smith in at LE. I'm good at run and pass defense but i cant get any pressure at all mostly because i run 20 and 30 defense 75% of the time with some adjustments, but i wanna change that. I run multiple formations as well (Custom Playbook). Any help would be appreciated!
    You are going to have to blitz to get consistent pressure. You can occasionally get great pressure from the DL but it is never going to be consistent. If you send 5 guys then at least everyone has a 1v1 match up at the very least. If you can get your opponent to hesitate then even when your blitz gets picked up you can still get sacks.

Status
    Sports Logo

Check out ballers thread on his 3-4 scheme he posted yesterday...it has some good stuff...

Status

SS blitz...Show blitz or run as is...but wont get in 100%....I have yet to find a blitz that works consistantly against diff formations.

Status
    Madden Advisors
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by raiders View Post
    SS blitz...Show blitz or run as is...but wont get in 100%....I have yet to find a blitz that works consistantly against diff formations.
    You do know that SS Blitz is sending 6 guys. You don't get any more consistent than that while still covering everyone. If you want something that will always get pressure unless they block 7 then your are going to have to run something similar to this.

Pinch Cover 0
    1.)Globally reblitz all LBs
    2.)Edge rush the line.
    3.)Show Blitz
    4.)Put the DT in the coverage of your choice and user the DT.

This overloads both C gaps and if you still need something more consistent then you are looking for a blitz far glitchier than anything I'll ever use. No blitz will always work if your opponent is making attempts to pick it up. If you want something that gets there no matter how many blockers you are up against then you'll be sorrily disappointed as that doesn't exist.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by baller7345 View Post
    You do know that SS Blitz is sending 6 guys. You don't get any more consistent than that while still covering everyone. If you want something that will always get pressure unless they block 7 then your are going to have to run something similar to this.

Pinch Cover 0
    1.)Globally reblitz all LBs
    2.)Edge rush the line.
    3.)Show Blitz
    4.)Put the DT in the coverage of your choice and user the DT.

This overloads both C gaps and if you still need something more consistent then you are looking for a blitz far glitchier than anything I'll ever use. No blitz will always work if your opponent is making attempts to pick it up. If you want something that gets there no matter how many blockers you are up against then you'll be sorrily disappointed as that doesn't exist.

THanks for the info