Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

finesse or power moves

Status

Default finesse or power moves

i like to watch the cpu play, but i'm not sure what works better for the cpu power moves or finesse moves.
    it would help my defense.

Status

either one is fine with me, gotta have good BSH too though

Status

Quote Originally Posted by SteelersJMB View Post
    either one is fine with me, gotta have good BSH too though
    Block shedding is really more important against the run IMO, i don't think that rating matters when it comes to pass rushing

Status
    PSN ID
    Shabazz916
    Sports Logo

power moves

Status

I really wish this stats werent so opinion based. Madden is getting huge there needs to be guides telling you what each stat does so one can be scientific about actually who to play

Status

finesse worked real well in '10... if you manually use the dl then nothing seems to work in '12. I really like the block shed too. To answer your question though finesse is used to get around or sack and power is used to push back or stop the run/ collapse the pocket. Finesse is my choice. Try a Finesse heavy DL then a Power Heavy DL and see what happens.

Status

yeah i like my d line with more finesse.

Status
    Madden Advisors
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by StoneZone View Post
    finesse worked real well in '10... if you manually use the dl then nothing seems to work in '12. I really like the block shed too. To answer your question though finesse is used to get around or sack and power is used to push back or stop the run/ collapse the pocket. Finesse is my choice. Try a Finesse heavy DL then a Power Heavy DL and see what happens.
    Ok this apparently needs to be cleared up. Block Shedding only applies to a player run blocking. If it is a pass then blocking shedding plays no part. Finesse and power moves are both used to determine if the pass rusher gets by the pass blocker. Power moves (up and down on the right stick) include bull rushing and for some weird reason a swim move. Finesse moves include the spin move and again a swim move. The spin and bull rush moves can only be used by players with the uses spin/bull rush trait.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Status
    League Commissioners
    PSN ID
    Capt_krappy

Quote Originally Posted by StoneZone View Post
    Definately finesse for your ends. But, block shedding and power for DTs. Push the pocket from in front and slip with defensive ends.

Status
    League Commissioners
    PSN ID
    Capt_krappy

Ohhhh yeah.... forgot to mention accleration. To me, that's almost as important as anything.