bump and run

Status

Default bump and run

i always hear this phrase but how do you do it? i tried looking it up via google but all i ran into was this "delayed BNR" garbage that had like 5 pre-snap adjustments. i already hot route so much almost every play that i don't have time to do 5 more things. it's already stressful enough to set that up before some goon quick snaps on me.

is there any other ways? if so, how? pro's? con's?

Status
    Billy Badd ASS

@SportsChick91

I rarely press with the Bears but to change things up I do the delayed bump.

1. have to start at the call screen with a zone coverage

2. Coverage audible to press

3. audible to a man and they will do the delayed BNR

4. For people using the crossing routes/slants I zone the LB's an user one to cover that area.

Status

Bump and run is best used to disrupt short throws that rely on timing. Your corners just physically bump the receiver off of his route, but they can get burned and left in the dust by a guy like Calvin Johnson that has a high release rating. Bump and run is usually bad against compressed sets just because of all the traffic and the natural picks in man to man coverage. It is also impossible to get a good bump on a receiver that is in motion while the ball is snapped. Bump and run excels when you're sending pressure at the QB, but you must be sure to play disciplined with your user defender to take away a receiver in motion or someone who completely burns the corner. In many ways it is high-risk high-reward, but there are ways to make it less dangerous.

As for how to do it, you can push Y + down on d-pad if you have quick links on. Idk how to do it on the strategy pad, but someone should be able to help you if that's what you use. This will make all of your players in man coverage attempt to press their guy. You can also push Y + A + [receiver icon] + down to press just that one guy, such as Wes Welker if you're playing the Patriots. Also if you really want to take away a particular receiver, you can user bump with RB as long as you're within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage.

Make sure you know your personnel and what corners are good at playing bump and run coverage (PRS rating).

Status
    badass

Call a zone play and audible it to man coverage or you can do it yourself by holding RB for xbox not sure about ps3 I think its R1

Status

Do you have to press while in the zone covrage then audible to man

Status

yeah press in zone then audible to man

Status

Who is the best team for bump in run

Status

Is regular bump n run better

Status

Raiders and bengals r gd

Status
    PSN ID
    XtremeWTRocker
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Bump and Run is the same as press coverage (triangle/y+down).

Delayed Bump and Run disguises the press by backing off the coverage, but jamming the receivers after the start their routes (call zone, press, and audible to man)