Best Run Defense?

Status

Default Best Run Defense?

I use the Panthers and up until I reached level 4, I was busting off huge runs from different dives, tosses, counters, etc. Not all by design, some were by cutbacks and freestyling on the play...

That being said, once I reached level 4, obviously the skill level of my opponents have stepped up and I've noticed a common occurrence in defenses since... I no longer can bust huge runs on the regular (I had a 300+ yard game rushing with Deangelo before), I now am getting held to losses and at the most 10 yard runs.

It seems the games I'm having my hardest time against are 3-4s. Additionally, I've had multiple people use the Ravens and their defense is so difficult to run on. Sometimes it appears they are in a 3-4, but a great deal of the time, they seem to have 11 guys in the box and they aren't lining them up manually, they just come out that way when they show blitz.

Anyone know what they could be running. The Ravens defense isn't even that fast LB-wise, and it's so hard to get outside on them... Even when they're bringing pressure up the middle I'll run a toss and they'll still get me for a minimal gain, it's ridiculous.

What could they be running?

Status
    Gamertag
    N9ne 16 N9ner
    Sports Logo

Really? 11 in the box? That seems pretty exaggerated. If that were true you should have threw it to an outside receiver since no one was over top and the CB wasn't covering him according to you. I dont understand why people exaggerate whenever something happens to them and they don't know what it was or how to counter it...

Status

Harsh, a little Football Fan #1?!! Sheesh..

Anyway, I ran into the same thing last night against the Packers. So, I would like to hear from some nice, helpful gamers. Not some Grumpy McGrumplesteins like Football Fan.. HAHA!!

Oh and I know for a fact that the Packers were not lining up 11 in the box on me. Hawk had one side of the field covered and Matthews had the other. Nuthhin doin up the middle. It was mostly zone.
    First to show;
    Last to go..
    Perfection takes Practice!!

Status
    PSN ID
    dsgarland24

I gotta agree with football fan #1 on this one. If they are loading up to stop the run just pass. If you have a 1 on 1 match with steve smith you should be able to get a big play out of him from time to time. Take what the defense gives you.

Status

Sorry guys... I meant essentially it was 11 in the box... i was running some plays out of strong-close. So the CBs were in as well. I've tried zone busters like screens and corner routes to get the pressure off but they've either been running DE contains to stop the screen or they intercept the corner route.

It's pissing me off. Everyone since I've reached level 4 has been able to shut down my run. If I audible to a counter it doesn't matter, it's like they're all playing downhill and I can get out of the way.

It looks like they have a man in every gap... The pressure is so much that even when I back up to toss a screen out I'm getting sacked before it lets me get it off. I switch to shotgun and I can't get anything out of that consistently either. I'm convinced it's nanos and cheese... There is absolutely no way to get them off me. And Smitty can't get over the top, I'm boggled... I've been a top player in the past, I literally have no idea what to do now.

Status
    Gamertag
    N9ne 16 N9ner
    Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by IAmLegend View Post
    Sorry guys... I meant essentially it was 11 in the box... i was running some plays out of strong-close. So the CBs were in as well. I've tried zone busters like screens and corner routes to get the pressure off but they've either been running DE contains to stop the screen or they intercept the corner route.

It's pissing me off. Everyone since I've reached level 4 has been able to shut down my run. If I audible to a counter it doesn't matter, it's like they're all playing downhill and I can get out of the way.

It looks like they have a man in every gap... The pressure is so much that even when I back up to toss a screen out I'm getting sacked before it lets me get it off. I switch to shotgun and I can't get anything out of that consistently either. I'm convinced it's nanos and cheese... There is absolutely no way to get them off me. And Smitty can't get over the top, I'm boggled... I've been a top player in the past, I literally have no idea what to do now.
    Don't use Strong Close anywhere except at the 5 yard line and closer. It's the most used formation so naturally it's going to be the easiest to shut down. I love when people try to use Strong Close against me. Yea they may, have a good drive AND score. But it stops after that one drive because why would I let them run the same BS on me more than once . I'd run out of Strong I if I were you. I do and it's a lot easier to run and pass, plus there's still a Toss and Counter, and I've even created my own trail route out of the Texas play.

Status

Well I was switching between that and strong-pro, running dives, counters, and tosses, but I'm telling you, everyone using 3-4 is shutting it down. They're getting pressure up the middle and where usually I'd be able to break it outside there's a guy shooting the gap and hitting me behind the line even on the tosses.

It's ridiculous.

Status

Try the I-form pro..like football fan I use the texans playbook and there are some nice run/pass plays in that one also. I also like Singleback Ace Twins..I have 3 plays in my audibles out of this formation that works well..pass the shit out of the ball then run

Status
    Banned
    Gamertag
    WhoDatBlackDude

You gotta have the threat of the pass...I see so many people only run when there qb is under the center and throw out of shogun. Just make sure you have a real threat of throwing.