Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Depth Chart (How do you change yours up?)

Status
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Depth Chart (How do you change yours up?)

Hello Madden Players

Wanted to find out what everyone does to improve their teams Defense by Changing around their Defensive Players on their Depth Chart.

I Personally play with Jacksonville and like all Defensives, they're holes in their Defense.
    I am sure everyone knows Jacksonville's Defensive Line is pretty Solid with Tyson Alualu, Terrance Knighton and Aaron Kampman. Their Weakpoint stands at the Le Position with Jeremy Mincey.
    Then you have Courtney Greene @ FS and Sean Considine at SS. Both of these guys are fine at their Position's but these positions can be improved. Jacksonville's Corners are great with Mathis and Cox both at 91 and 92 speed and Mathis with his 95 Jump, 87 Awareness and then he is 90 in Press, 88 in Man and 87 In Zone so the man is incredible, However we want to improve our Defense.

So, I ended up putting Mathis at SS and taking Considine out of the game, now we can come up with the much needed User Picks if they decide to throw over the middle. I put Derek Cox at FS, both of these guys are 6'1 both 95 and 93 in jumping. Both are 91 and 92 in speed so that takes care of our Over The Middle Defensive Problem.

Now I put Mcgee who is a 94 speed and is normally our backup at CB and now we have a faster Corner out there and then Middleton who is an 87 Speed in Cox's spot at Corner so we have improved our corner positions by 2 points in Speed.

Then lastly we take Mincey out at LE and put Daryl Smith, he is an 89 at LOLB but is a 94! at LE and then put Russell Allen our Backup MLB at the Lolb Position and he is an 85 there.

Now with just a few simple changes, Jacksonville can catch simple User Picks, Still cover the Deep Pass and nobody again will be running to the Right, Middle or LEFT on Jacksonville for quite some time.

God Bless the Depth Chart.
    Tell me what you guys think of these changes and what you do to your Defensive players to make them better on the field.

Team: Jacksonville Jaguars
    Offensive PB: ATL
    Defensive PB: ATL
    Record: 22-8
    Down with the Steelers, up with the Jaguars!!

Last edited by JaxJaguar; 04-17-2011 at 02:00 AM.

Status

Ugh!
    Just Ugh!

I ran a few game with JAX, and wasn't feelin that D at all
    I like this a lot
    I would put Mathis a FS just because I like usering that side better

I'm gonna try this out, and maybe run some more game with the jags

Good look

Status

Quote Originally Posted by kennycthakid View Post
    Ugh!
    Just Ugh!

I ran a few game with JAX, and wasn't feelin that D at all
    I like this a lot
    I would put Mathis a FS just because I like usering that side better

I'm gonna try this out, and maybe run some more game with the jags

Good look
    I agree with Jacksonville's Default Depth Chart their FS and SS are okay but I can not count how many times Jacksonville's Defensive Players have dropped SIMPLE passes that would have been Interceptions and in some cases Pick 6's.
    So that was ticking me off the most, with Smith at LE stopping the run game from the left side and then Mathis and Cox in the middle of the Field, the Defense is a hell of a lot better, infact is it amazingly better. Play a few games with your depth chart set up like this and see their overall improvement on Defense.

Status

Detroit Defense

LE - Cliff Avril
    - Must bring into coverage often, has great catch (64.. better than alot of corners) and speed (84) to make surprising plays. Makes up for lack in Lions secondary.
    DT1-Ndamukong Suh
    - if usering instant pash rush 8/10 times if the team has a poor RG
    DT 2- Corey Williams
    - Great acceleration to blow up run plays
    RE - Lawrence Jackson
    - has a nose for the screen on his side also quick enough for a speedy user pick.

LOLB - Julius Peterson
    -blitz every play. dynamic pass rusher who creates his own nanos only useful in coverage if controlled by player
    MLB - DeAndre Levy
    -keep at MLB to have the range to stop inside and outside runs (mid 80s speed + decent play recognition)
    ROLB - Bobby Carpenter
    -Faster than Zach Follett. Sacrifices strength tackle and hit power. If playing Giants, Falcons, Jets play Follet (Same goes for RE, if playing power team play Vanden Bosch not Jackson)

CB-1 Chris Houston (If playing Raiders - Assign Heyward-Bey, If playing Eagles - Assign Jeremy Maclin, If playing Cowboys assign Dez Bryant... nobody plays with other teams... if they do auto assign is functional unless you find a threat IE Eddie Royal from them Broncos.)
    CB-2 Alphonso Smith (Assign to slow route runners for easy picks)
    CB-3 Tye Hill (Assign to Ford, DJack, Miles Austin, Mike Wallace) otherwise Blitz 2/3 of plays for easy pressure.
    CB-4 Nathan Vasher (always zone or user)

FS- Amari Spievey (Big hitter in running game causes many forced fumbles. Has acceptable catch but drops a ton of catchable interceptions.)
    SS-Louis Delmas (If he's near a deep ball he'll normally pick it off, makes a lot of big plays in the run but makes alot of sily plays as well. Decent user safety for his lack of speed.)

Basically with the Lions, blitz every down. Blitz more than the receivers out there. Your corners won't cover long and you need to rely on bad decisions.

If the opponent quick passes to avoid blitz User DE's for a game-breaking INT.

That's my Lions Defense

Best plays:
    Nickel -Normal
    ROLB Blitz.
    Substitute Peterson for Carpenter
    User Cliff Avril to cover opponents favorite (drag, corner, rb pass).

Peterson gets in 92% of the time.

Nickel Strong
    Tye Hill slot blitz (2 different plays one with ROLB in zone the other in man, in both sub Peterson in)
    Make sure Houston assigned to faster receiver on the outside.
    user Suh and create distraction on right edge(or opposite of Tye Hill) ... player will be focused on your Suh rush after you've established Suh is dominating their right guard.

I have a few more plays. but it all comes down to really thinking and analyzing to make a surprising play, the Lions have a lot of gamers on the field.

For offensive strategy, you shouldnt need it, they have Offense.

Status

I run 4-3 Normal most of the game now. In running situations, I come out in 4-3 Normal with the following setup:

LE: Avril
    LDT: Suh
    RDT: Williams
    RE: Peterson (90 OVR)
    LOLB: Palmer (80 SPD, 70 MCV, 72 ZCV)
    MLB: Levy
    ROLB: Follett/Spievey/Carpenter (power, speed, or a little of both...depends on their RB)
    CB: Houston
    CB: Hill (97 SPD)
    SS: Smith (90 SPD, 75 CTH)
    FS: Delmas

I have to manually make these substitutions because I set up my depth chart to account for my 4-3 Speed package, which I created for passing situations. In order to make the 4-3 Speed work, my depth chart looks ridiculous and I have to audible down from Dollar. Here's the depth chart:

LE: Suh
    DT: Avril
    RE: Palmer
    ROLB: Peterson
    CB1: Hill
    CB 2: Houston
    CB 3: Delmas
    CB 4: Spievey
    FS: McDonald
    SS: Smith

After audibling down to 4-3 Normal from Dollar, this is the result:

LE: Peterson
    RDT: Avril
    LOLB: Spievey
    MLB: Delmas
    ROLB: Levy
    CB: Hill

Yep, Louis Delmas at MLB! In my scheme I'll almost always be usering the MLB or SS, so I have my two best guys to user in those positions. (I guess Hill would be nice to user with 97 SPD but I'd rather have him on the outside.) I am definitely blitz heavy from this package. Like the guy above me said, you have to blitz a lot with Detroit or you'll get burned, plain and simple. When I play man coverage it is from the Edge Sting play which means my two lowest MCV guys are the only ones not manned up. I can set up coverage defense from this play or some really nice disguised blitzes.

Edit: Also I wanted to ask why you'd want to user a guy like Mathis. Yeah he might have the best MCV, ZCV, AWR, etc...but that stuff doesn't mean anything when you're usering him. All that matters on the guy you're usering is height, SPD, AGI, ACC, POW, and TAK...I think you'd be better off letting the computer control Mathis personally. Or am I totally missing something? I know in my scheme I'm usering two of my best coverage guys but I don't think much of it because neither one of them are even close to Mathis' level. Detroit's secondary is just bad lol.
    Last edited by cgm15; 04-17-2011 at 08:50 AM.

Status
    Gamertag
    N9ne 16 N9ner
    Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by cgm15 View Post
    I run 4-3 Normal most of the game now. In running situations, I come out in 4-3 Normal with the following setup:

ROLB: Follett/Spievey/Carpenter (power, speed, or a little of both...depends on their RB)

I have to manually make these substitutions because I set up my depth chart to account for my 4-3 Speed package, which I created for passing situations. In order to make the 4-3 Speed work, my depth chart looks ridiculous and I have to audible down from Dollar. Here's the depth chart:

Yep, Louis Delmas at MLB! In my scheme I'll almost always be usering the MLB or SS, so I have my two best guys to user in those positions. (I guess Hill would be nice to user with 97 SPD but I'd rather have him on the outside.) I am definitely blitz heavy from this package. Like the guy above me said, you have to blitz a lot with Detroit or you'll get burned, plain and simple. When I play man coverage it is from the Edge Sting play which means my two lowest MCV guys are the only ones not manned up. I can set up coverage defense from this play or some really nice disguised blitzes.

Edit: Also I wanted to ask why you'd want to user a guy like Mathis. Yeah he might have the best MCV, ZCV, AWR, etc...but that stuff doesn't mean anything when you're usering him. All that matters on the guy you're usering is height, SPD, AGI, ACC, POW, and TAK...I think you'd be better off letting the computer control Mathis personally. Or am I totally missing something? I know in my scheme I'm usering two of my best coverage guys but I don't think much of it because neither one of them are even close to Mathis' level. Detroit's secondary is just bad lol.
    Ya Im with you on that one man. As tempting as it is, I never user Patrick Willis for the same reason. I feel the great players on your team, its just best to let the CPU control them and you take the weak link. Thats Why I user Tayor Mays and Navarro Bowman, both are rookies with so-so coverage, but their user stats are exactly what you'd want. Good height, very high SPD, AGI, ACC,TAK, POW, and decent CTH. They are ideal user players in my eyes but below average or average at best when controlled by the CPU. I also user Dashon Goldson for a "sure" deep pass situation. His 70 CTH, comes in clutch when Im most certain I can get a pick, when I know he needs to go deep and he wants to hit the middle. I cant tell you how many crazy user picks Goldson comes up with. I've had some super clean one handed picks that makes people quit haha. If your throwing over the middle on me, you'd better be dropping straight dimes because Mr. Goldson will eat anything up over the deep middle lol.

Status
    -_-Brolic Prime -_-
    Gamertag
    ---
    PSN ID
    xX_-Brolic-_Xx
    Sports Logo

I keep it straight up for the most part as far as offense and defense go but I do make a few changes that I feel make the team better. To start off I start Max Jean-Gilles at RG instead of Reggie Wells simply because Jean-Gilles is much stronger in the run game and I like to run to the right a lot. Second I like to take out Juqua Parker at LE and sub in Ricky Sapp simply because of Sapp's height and 85 speed.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by cgm15 View Post

I have been usering with Mathis Lately because I am trying to master The UserPick. I use to think with Courtney Greene and Sean Considine that my Controller buttons wore broken because while I usering them I could not catch a single UserPick. With Mathis and Cox that is the complete opposite played in a match against a level 6 and it was back and fourth for awhile, but then he threw over the middle, I Usered Cox got a Easy User Pick, and I was so SHOCKED that I had caught a userpick with Jacksonville, I just stood there for a few seconds, before I started running it back with Derek Cox. Also have had a few UserPicks with Mathis, Normally I would let Mathis just go and do his thing and user Middleton since he is the slower CB with 87 Speed, I was just practicing my UserPicks with those two and they are incredible. Never drop a Pick!

Status

I've won nail biter games against level 15+ players over the last 2 days who were the Titans and Vikings. I use the Jaguars as well and I really like the input JaxJaguar is giving. I am really considering re-doing my Depth Chart. I am basically running the default roster with Mincey in there at LE. Anyways, I saved the 2 games both with user picks. One was an over the shoulder grab deep behind Kenny Britt with Mighty Midget Don Carey (seriously Britt towers him). The other being with Justin Durant. I don't really notice any difference in would-be picks and drops then with any other team. I used the Packers a lot up until a couple of months ago and I'd drop a lot of picks as well. Needless to say I think I will try your depth chart and see if my defense is better overall because it is concerning me right now (and yeah the Jags D isn't even average). But I feel like I should be able to stop people at least half the time or i'm doing something wrong.

Status
    Ball So Hard U. Moderator
    Sports Logo Sports Logo

I have so much I can do with the Ravens:

3-4:

The only changes I make here is to move Lardarius Webb to SS and Tavares Gooden to MLB #2 in my 3-4 Normal formation because I mostly play man-coverage and stop the pass with that, so I need the extra coverage and speed.

46:
    DT: Kruger / Ngata
    DT: Ngata / Redding / Gregg / Cody
    RE: Suggs
    LE: Johnson / Kindle
    ROLB: McClain / Ellerbe / Landry
    MLB: Gooden / R. Lewis
    LOLB: R. Lewis / Gooden
    FS: Reed
    SS: Webb / Zbikowski / Wilson
    CB: Foxworth
    CB: Washington / Webb / Wilson

4-3
    DT: Ngata
    DT: Gregg
    RE: Suggs
    LE: Kindle
    LOLB: Gooden
    MLB: R. Lewis
    ROLB: Ellerbe / McClain
    SS: Landry / Webb / Zbikowski
    FS: Reed
    CB: Foxworth
    CB: Wilson / Webb / Washington

Gamertag: SnA ExclusiVe
    Madden 15 Record: 39-8